Mental Health Ministry Details
Awards and Grants
- Received a Mental Health Achievement award in 2010 from the Alameda County Mental Health Association
- Received a grant from the UUA Funding Program for Mental Health Caucus Leadership Training
- Received the 2008 community service award from the Alameda County Mental Health Board for doing the most in the last year to help the cause of mental health using the media. This award was shared with the Mental Health Matters Crew.
- Named as recipient of the 2007 Junella Hanson Memorial Award for a Unitarian Universalist in the PCD who has demonstrated true excellence in teaching and faith development.
- In 2006, the UUA Board of Trustees appointed Barbara to be a member of the UUA Accessibilities Committee to focus on the making our denomination’s congregations accessible to people with mental health problems, as well as other disabilities. This appointment ended in 2007 when the Accessibilities Committee was combined with another UUA committee, and Barbara chose to continue her service in this area by helping establish another accessibilites group, Equual Access.
- In 2005, the UUA awarded her a grant to take the Caring Congregation program to other districts in the UUA.
Recent Quarterly Status Reports of Barbara’s Ministry
- March: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0316
- June: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0616
- September: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0916
- December: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 1216
- March: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0315
- December: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 1215
- September: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0915
- June: Community Ministry Advisory Committee 0615