Resources for Children’s Mental Health
- The Alameda County Directory of Early Childhood Mental Health Services (0-6) and Child Care Mental Health Services and Consultation gives a list of mental health care services for children in the following categories:
- Information and Referral
- Childcare Consultation
- Mental health treatment
- Therapeutic Pre-schools
- Provides free mental health services to qualifying families with children ages 0-5 who live in the Alameda and Santa Clara Counties. Julie Kurtz, Director of Mental Health Services. 1-800-262-4252
- Children’s Hospital
747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94618
Provides health care and social welfare of vulnerable children and their families. Departments include: Center for Child Protection, Center for the Vulnerable Child, Child Psychiatry, Department of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, and Early Intervention Services.
- Through the Looking Glass
For Families in which a child, parent or grandparent has a disability or medical issue. 1-800-644-2666
- Family Paths
Development of nurturing, responsible and resilient familes by providing comprehensive services that foster positive change, empowering parents and children. 24-hour referrals 1-800-829-3777
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
A national non-profit, tax-exempt organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with AD/HD.
- National Institute of Mental Health
Information on child and adolescent mental health on this government web site.