Resources for Anxiety
Anxiety Disorders Association of America: Promotes the prevention, treatment and cure of anxiety disorders and to improve the lives of all people who suffer from them.
Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation: Information and resources, for people with obsessive compulsive disorder, their families, friends, professionals and other concerned individuals.
Compulsive Hoarding: Information and resources for people who are hoarders and their families, including research on hoarding, a screening test for hoarding/compulsive buying, and self-help and support group articles.
- Local Chapters:
- , Oakland CA, (510)-835-0188
Pool of Consumer Champions
- Alameda County Contacts:
- Jay Mahler 510-567-8135 jmahler @ acbhcs.org
- Consumer Relations Department: 510-639-1341
- The goal of this 10-year-old program is to recruit, train, and place peer specialist in human services positions within Alameda County Behavioral Health Care System. The 9-month training program consists of classroom training and an internship.
Coordinators: Katrina Killian, Barbara Lewis-ClarkeBBestNow @ aol.com
- ACCESS Program – Alameda County
Alcohol, Drug, & Mental Health Treatment Services
- Consumer Assistance Office, Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services, 1-800-779-0787