Resources Spirituality and Mental Health
Spirituality and mental health:
- Spirituality Competency Resource Center This is the website of Dr. David Lukoff.
Free on-line classes:
- Ethical Issues in Spiritual Assessment
- DSM-IV Religious and Spiritual Problems
- Meditation and Mental Health
- Spirituality and Recovery from Mental Disorders
Pointers to many on-line resources on spirituality and mental health
- Spiritual Emergence Network
- Scottish Recovery Network This website has stories of recovery from mental illness. Some of them involve spirituality.
Faith Community Resources:
- FaithNet NAMI These are faith-based resources from the website of the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Methodist Mental Health Ministries This is the website of Rev. Susan Gregg-Schroeder, a Methodist minister specializing in mental health issues.
- Unitarian Universalist Mental Health Ministry This is Rev. Barbara Meyers’ website. Information about the curriculum “The Caring Congregation Handbook” and the TV Show “Mental Health Matters – Alameda County” are on this website.
- Pathways to Promise A website with many mental health resources for ministers and other faith community leaders.