Bridging the God Gap
A New Book from Chris Schriner
(February 2012) Our Minister Emeritus, Rev. Chris Schriner, has published a second edition to Bridging the God Gap: Finding Common Ground Among Believers, Atheists and Agnostics. This book helps friends and family members deal with religious differences, and it can help us understand UUs whose theologies differ from our own. You may also want to read it if:
- You don’t believe in God, but some of those you care about are committed believers.
- You believe in God, and you want to communicate in constructive ways with atheists and agnostics.
- People you love clash about religion. You wish you could help them reconcile.
- You wonder whether theists and atheists might have more in common than they imagine.
- You aren’t sure if you believe, and you want to reflect further about whether there is a God and what God is like.
Bridging the God Gap includes exercises and meditations for exploring these topics, plus communication guidelines for discussing religion. The book is available for $23, including tax and shipping.
Orders may be sent to:
39541 Wilford Ct.
Fremont CA 94538
cschriner at uuma.org