Resources for Sexuality and Mental Health
Guest sex therapist: Gail Jones, MSW, LCSW. 830 Hillview Court, Suite 260, Milpitas,CA. Phone: (408) 946-5757
- Let’s Talk About Sex and Loving. Gail Sanchez,. Milpitas, CA: Empty Nest Press, 1994.
- Sexuality and Serious Mental Illness. Peter Buckley, MD, Editor, Harwood academidc publishers, 1999
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) a not-for-profit, interdisciplinary professional organization. In addition to sexuality educators, sexuality counselors and sex therapists, AASECT members include physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, allied health professionals, clergy members, lawyers, sociologists, marriage and family counselors and therapists, family planning specialists and researchers, as well as students in relevant professional disciplines. These individuals share an interest in promoting understanding of human sexuality and healthy sexual behavior. AASECT gives referrals to local sex therapists.
- The Society for Sex Therapy and Research is composed of a broad range of professionals who have clinical or research interests in human sexual concerns. SSTAR’s goals are to facilitate communications among clinicians who treat problems of sexual function, sexual identity, and reproductive life, and to provide a forum for exchange of ideas between those interested in research in human sexuality and those whose primary activities are patient care.
- Mayo Clinic on line information. Sex therapy
- The Religious Institute Founded in 2001, the Religious Institute is a multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society. The Religious Institute has emerged as the national leadership organization working at the intersection of sexuality and religion. Our staff provide clergy, congregations, and denominational bodies with technical assistance on addressing sexuality and reproductive health, and assist sexual and reproductive health (SRH) organizations on addressing religious issues and developing outreach to faith communities.
- Cycles + Sex online resources. Education, tools and personal experiences to teach people about their bodies.