Children and Youth
Religious Education at Mission Peak
Due to the recent shelter in place order for the state we are working to transition our Children and Youth Religious Education program into a virtual program. We will be offering the following virtual opportunities.
Virtual Youth Group Weekly Sundays from 3 p.m. to 430 p.m. starting March 22nd. https://zoom.us/j/457193781
Parent and Guardian Coffee Hour Weekly Tuesdays from 4 p.m.to 5 p.m. starting March 24th. https://zoom.us/j/157116131
Sing a long songs for toddlers weekly Fridays from 10am. to 11 a.m. starting March 27th https://zoom.us/j/899167963
Interactive Story Time weekly Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. starting March 28th. https://zoom.us/j/704599157
We hope to add more as we test out what works best. We will be using the same principles based covenant we use for our regular religious education program. Please read through the covenant (below) before joining us online. If you have any questions please contact our Director of Religious Education at email@example.com.
Our Covenant to Mission Peak UU Religious Education
1. We believe that each person is important.
– Safety is our first concern!
– Treat everyone with respect.
– Use caring language and behavior.
2. We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
– Listen and follow directions.
– Be polite.
– Take turns.
– Care about one another.
– Say thank you, excuse me and I am sorry.
3. We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
– Make a commitment to regular attendance. Your friends and RE staff/volunteers depend on you.
– Include everyone in activities and planning.
– Friends are always welcome, but please let them know our covenant first.
– Participate with ENTHUSIASM!
4. We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
– Share your ideas.
– Respect the ideas of others.
5. We believe that all persons should have the right to speak out and have a vote about what concerns them.
– Express your opinions constructively.
– Respect the decision of the group.
6. We believe in working for a peaceful, fair and free world.
– Ask for help when you need it.
– Do your best to get along with others and to be helpful.
– Be willing to listen to reminders about your behavior.
– Participate in church social justice projects.
7. We believe in caring for our planet earth, the home we share with all living things.
– Help clean up.
CHILDREN’S AND YOUTH’ RELIGIOUS EXPLORATION (CAYRE COMMITTEE)
The CaYRE Committee meets monthly with the Director of Religious Education (DRE) to:
- Plan and coordinate the children’s religious education programs.
- Help recruit and train teachers
- Be responsible for organizing the nursery.
- Provide support for the youth group
- Participate in the intergenerational services.
Our Director of Religious Education is always happy to discuss our curricula choices or any aspects of our program with anyone who is interested. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback.
We offer Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality education every other year for 7-9th grade youth. We offer a coming of age program for 8-9th grade youth in the years we do not offer OWL.