Discussion Questions for Black Men Speak
- What is your overall impression of the Black Men Speaks speaker’s bureau? Do you think it is effective in helping others with problems similar to what they have faced?
- Is there one of the speakers that particularly impressed you? Explain.
- Why do you think that these men had such a difficult time in their early lives? Does this point to any systemic problems in the experiences of black men in the United States?
- What do you think of the mission statement of the group?
- Did you think that their singing was an effective part of the presentation?
- Did you hear in their messages the importance of religion and spirituality in their healing? Why do you think this is so important?
- What kinds of groups should hear this message?
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.