Discussion Questions for Children’s Mental Health
- Do you know of a child who you think has mental problems? What are the particulars of the case? (Please disguise identities to safeguard privacy.)
- In the show, Barbara says she took her fearful daughter to a therapist and she is so glad she did because without this therapy fearfulness might have become part of her daughter’s way of looking at the world. What do you think of this kind of early intervention?
- What could you do if you suspected a child, not your own, had mental problems?
- How can churches make religious edication safe for all children if there are children with ADD and other diorders who disrupt the class?
- Do you know where to find children’s mental health services in your community?
- For local resources see: Resources Mentioned in the Show
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.