Discussion Questions for Family Education and Resources Center (FERC)
- Have you ever had a member of your family experience mental illness? If so, what did you go through trying to be supportive of the family member?
- Do you have any experience with NAMI’s Family-to-Family program? If so, explain what the benefits of this program are.
- The services of FERC help family members by letting them know they aren’t alone. How do you think this would help a family member?
- What do you see as barriers that someone may have in reaching out to a program like FERC? How can we get beyond these barriers?
- Do you think that FERC helps to dispell some of the prejudice around mental health issues? Why or why not?
- Ideally, what would you like to see as part of a program like FERC if there were no limitations in getting funding? Are these ideas a real possibility? If so, how can you help them happen?
- For local resources see: Resources Mentioned in the Show
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.