Discussion Questions for Healing Through Creativity
- What kinds of creative activity do you engage in?
- Do you ever have a change in mood when you engage in some kind of creative activity?
- What did you think of Denise’s experience when her instructor suggested painting her painful feelings?
- Do you resonate with the explanations that Barbara gives for why creativity helps mental illness? Barbara said that weaving engages multiple of her senses, gets her out of her left brain and promotes self-esteem. If not, do you have another explanation that works for you?
- Does anything in this video change the way you regard creative activity?
- Do you know of any positive role models for recovery from mental illness? Denise had a hard time finding any and her Doctors didn’t know if any.
- Do you plan to do anything different based on what you learned in this video? If so, what?
For local resources see: Resources Mentioned in the Show
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.