Upload a Document
Very commonly we need to upload a file for our members or staff to read. This is very simple using Squarespace!
This page shows how to upload a file and make a clickable link to it at the same time.
1. Edit the page where you want to insert the link
2. Type the text that you want people to click on (i.e. “This is a link to a file” in the above example)
3. Highlight the text you just entered and click on the ‘Insert Link’ button
3. A dialog will open as below. Click “Files”.
4. Another dialog will open. Click “Add a file”.
5. An “open file” dialog will appear. Choose the file you want to upload.
6. You will now see the “Existing File” list. You must click on the file you just uploaded. This is very important! If you forget this step, your link will not work!
7. Click “Open in a New Window” checkbox so that the document will open in a new tab when people click on it.
8. Click anywhere outside the dialog box to close it. You now have your link!
9. Save your changes