Discussion Questions for Depression
- Have you or someone you love ever had clinical depression? If so, what helped you get through the worst times?
- What, if anything, positive have you gotten from the experience? For example, did it help you become more humble, more patient, more creative, more authentic, more hopeful, more spiritual?
- If you have experienced depression both as a family member and as a client, how were those two situations different?
- If a loved one of yours was seriously depressed, what actions did you take that were helpful for yourself? For the other person?
- What would you tell someone who you thought was seriously depressed?
- What would you do if you felt suicidal? If a loved one felt suicidal?
- What can your community do to help people with depression? Your social community? Your religious community?
- For local and general resources see: Resources for Depression
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.