Discussion Questions for Recovery
- What do you think of the notion of “recovery” from a mental illness when the person isn’t cured – but instead learn how to manage his or her symptoms.
- Khatera and Brian talk about the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) created by Mary Ellen Copeland which helps people to recognize and plan for phases that their mental status may go through. What do you see as the pros and cons of this approach?
- Evan if a person doesn’t have mental illness, they might benefit from some of these steps. What would you put on the lists:
- Early warning signs
- Daily Maintenance Plan
- Recovery involves the whole person, not just taking pills. Refer to the chart Dimensions of Recovery and give examples from each category in your own life that help you.
- How would you go about finding a Doctor or therapist who could work with you as a whole person?
- For local resources see: Recovery Resources Mentioned in the Show
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.