Resources for Service Dogs
Service Dog Etiquette:
- Do not touch the dog without permission from the human partner.
- Do not distract the dog with noises, food or attempts to pet.
- Talk to the person, not the dog
- Do not ask the person what their disability is
- Compliments about a service dog are usually welcome.
- Do not be offended if the partner doesn’t want to chat about their service dog or disability
- If you have a dog, don’t let it approach, play with or bark at a service dog
- Tell partners that might be visually impaired where your dog is in relation to them