Discussion Questions for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Do you know anyone who seems to have especially serious depression in the winter months? Do you think they are aware of it? What understanding of their plight have you gained from the show.
- What do you think about light therapy that was demonstrated in the show?
- What kinds of pressures do you think are especially hard at holiday time? Are there any that are particularly hard for you?
- What kinds of things would work for you to lessen stress at holiday time?
- How can you learn how to say “No” to doing too many things? Are there any things you need to say “NO” to?
- What kinds of challenges do you see for people with alcohol problems at holiday time? What can be done to lessen these.
For resources see: Resources Mentioned in the Show
These questions are to provide family and peer discussion and education. The information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition. If you think someone is too fragile to be part of the discussion, please have them consult their mental health care provider for individual advice regarding the situation.